The Governing Council of Bauchi State University, Gadau hereby announces that the position of University Librarian is vacant. Pursuant to the provisions of the University Law (2010), and in the exercise of its powers contained therein, the Governing Council is hereby initiating the process of filling the existing vacancy. Accordingly, applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates Applicants need to note the following for guidance:
THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
The University Librarian is one of the principal officers of the University that is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the overall administration and coordination of the University library, its branches in the faculties and departments as well as providing services for the entire University Community.
Applicants for the post of University Librarian should not be below the rank of Deputy University Librarian or a minimum of Senior Lecturer in Academic Librarian Cadre and should possess the following requirements:
- PhD in Library Science/Library and Information Science with at least fifteen (15) years post qualification experience.
- Relevant scholarly publication in Journals and Textbooks equivalent to a least the requirement for promotion of Senior Lecturer.
- Proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Membership of Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria.
- Evidence of attendance of a Continuous Mandatory Professional Development.
- Candidates must have spent at least 3 years as Deputy University Librarian or as Senior Lecturer in the Academic Library.
Successful candidate should not be older than 65 years of age at the time of assumption of office and must be of good health and have a good understanding of vision and mission of the University. He/she shall have the ability to provide good leadership, possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life and be able to command respect and loyalty of staff.
TERMS AND CONDITION OF SERVICE
The remuneration and other Conditions of Service are as contained in the University Conditions of Service and as may be determined by the University Governing Council.
The successful candidate shall hold the post of the University Librarian for a term of five (5) years.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Each application must be made in fifteen (15) copies, accompanied by fifteen (15) copies of the candidate’s detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), duly signed and dated. The CV must contain the candidate’s full name, date and place of birth, marital status, nationality, academic qualifications, working experience with dates and positions, merits and awards (if any), membership of professional bodies, list of academic publications, extracurricular activities and interests, and names and addresses of three (3) referees, at least one (1) of whom should be from the candidate’s current place of employment, who should be competent enough to attest the candidate’s qualifications/academic standing and character.
- The referees should be contacted by the applicant to forward to the undersigned a confidential report on his/her character, academic and managerial abilities and achievements in a sealed envelope marked at the top left corner, “Post of University Librarian: Referee’s Report”
- All applications shall be addressed to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Bauchi State University, P.M.B. 065, ltas/Gadau LGA, Bauchi State, Nigeria, sealed and marked at the top left-hand corner of the envelop “Post of University Librarian”, not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
All applications shall be duly acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview, please.
A. G. Hassan, PhD, FCAI, MNIM
(Uban Garin Bauchi)
Registrar & Secretary to Council